2015-06-30

Trees n Bushes 14 Cuban Royal Palm Tree


NF Trees n Bushes 14

Welcome to the first edition of the NF Tree n Bushes meme.

 I have always liked trees and have lots of them in my files that I never got around to post. I assume that many of you have it too. So, for this meme is not about running around taking shots today. You can as well dig in your files for those gems never posted. Trees and bushes comes in many shapes and forms and they look different as the year go by. Many of them has flowers and are showing autumn colors. They change always.

Click to enlarge and see with lightbox
© NF Photo 110212, Tapanti, Costa Rica

This is a palm tree I saw once and never forgot. It was in CostaRica on a birding trip. I was happy to get two shots of it. My fellow travelers did not care for trees and were striding along ahead of me, and they had long legs.. I have been searching for a name several times. Today I found it. :)  Acc to wiki it is mostly an ornamental tree. But also for construction and medical uses.

Linking up with Nature Notes
 Comment form for visitors outside BLOGGER

Note! If your blog ONLY allow GOOGLE+ responses I can´t comment to your entry. I will give you a comment to your entry at your comment here on my blog.

You shall ad the link to your post in the linkylist. Not the URL to your blog or GOOGLE+, It´s a courtesy to you visitors, they find your post immediately. You shall have a backlink, and please, don´t advertise your own meme without having an image to share that corresponds to my meme.
Regler finns i sidlisten. - For rules see the sidebar.
-



-- 
Labels: ,  , , , , , , , , , ,

11 comments:

  1. Medical uses too? That's a tree with strong look and lots of benefits.
    www.womenandperspectives.com/2015/06/a-tree-with-unusual-aboveground-roots.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Det var et flott tre, bra at du fant ut hva slags også.
    Ha en fin dag.
    Mormor

    http://www.starbear.no/mormor/2015/06/30/hos-en-annen-nabo/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, the palm trees have always been my favorites. I love their look. Thank you for hosting, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Palm tree and the name reminds me that we (meaning the US) have finally re-established relations with Cuba. Long overdue I believe ...

    Andrea @ FRom the
    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see an elongated face in this one...very cool♪

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because of this meme i am enticed now to post trees and palms, but not just yet. Lovely color there for a palm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great and unusual. The trunk seems like a perennial plant with the buds.
    Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nice idea for a meme Monica..I will take a look and see what I have. I should have a meme on geese and ducks as I have lots of photos of them... LOL ....Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world!