2017-08-20

Julita Mansion, Swedish Agricultural Museum

click image to enlarge
All three buildings are old barns. The middle one are now Agriculural Museeum. The one to the left is a museum for old tractors. The one to the right I don´t know. Did not go in there.



 View from the other two buildings. I think it is a stall for cattle.

A part of the Agricultural Museum
© NF Photo 170815

The entire farm and everything that belongs to it is a museum. And it belongs to the Nordic Museum - Nordiska Museet in Sweden. And very much alive. The area is large and they have cattle and hoses. They also have a fruit garden, very popular. The Place is too large to visit in one day. But you can stay overnight in the Hostel or even in the Mansion. And eat in the fine restaurant. 

This place is about 30 km from where I live.

The hoses at my Photoblog are from one of the Oakpastures

MAP to The buildings and Julita Gård Language can be changed at the foot of the page. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful farm museum and barn. I would like to stay at the hostel, just to experience the farm life. Great photos. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red is one of my favorite barn colors. It's nice that these are being used as museums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...red barns seem to popular around the world. This museum would be right up my alley. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice museum. I like to see the old equipment.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful place to visit

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of a very interesting place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit this place...I love museums such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great place to visit and shoot pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting! What a great museum. I loved seeing the barns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The barns do not look that old. I was in Stockholm a couple of weeks ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, What a wonderful place to visit. For far away visitors staying overnight must a nice opportunity. I love the last photo of all the wood farm implements. Have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lovely, i've been to the Nordic Genebank. But where is this museum? In Svalov where we stayed for a month there is still an old windmill, a silo, and an old barn. I love those old structures there. And i missed the very old wisteria climbing the wall to the roof!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world!