2012-10-01

Eskilstuna roundabout fountain

  Click to enlarge

NF Photo 121001 Eskilstuna

I have spent the better part of the evening trying to find out something about this fountain sculpture in a neighbouring town I visited today. I did not find a name for it but I found the artist. His name is Sivert Lindblom and from the info I know that the obelisk carries his facial profile. :)  The obelisk is 19.5m in hight. There are 6 urns with interesting waterflows.  And a couple of smaller objects as well. I have more shots of course that I will post later on. I´m actually thinking of going there when it is dark. Probably very nice. :)
This artist had designed The Nobel Monument in New York as well.

Info In Swedish only

Our World Tuesday
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful fountain. The sculptures look like stars. Or the jacks I use to play with as a kid. Great shots, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those overflowing basins are beautiful, with the stars just below. pretty post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magnificent fountain!!! Terrific captures for the day! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. now i am curious 1) did he donate his work 2) if not..humm wonder how much he made? 3) has anyone swam naked in there yet? :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the water display in that last shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what is that tall tower that looks like an artificial tree?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fountains and this is really beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!

    hugs from,
    isabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos! No name? I am sure that Sivert L. intended to give just a message of peace. Beautiful fountain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and unique fountain..I always enjoy water features!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a beautiful fountain, who needs a name when there are so many pretty things to look at

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my world!